I've never really been one of those people who felt the need to have all of my business out there for the world to analyze and ridicule. After all, who out there is so devoid of excitement in their life that they'd actually want to go on their computer to read about me? Seriously, all PC's with any version of Windows comes with a Solitaire game pre-installed. Until recently, I thought blogs were designed for people with a vastly overrated sense of self importance. Seriously, does anyone care what I had for dinner, or what show I'm watching on TV?
With the popularity of Facebook growing daily, I started to see a benefit to blogging. How many times have we logged on, only to be greeted by 6 posts in a row by the same person? I've said over and over to myself that there is a time and a place for certain things, and obviously others don't share that view. Some things are best kept out of public domain!
When Sara started writing a blog and invited me to view it, I was happy to do so. After all, I always like reading her Facebook posts, and I find her to be a genuinely interesting person. Plus, it's always fun when you get a personal invitation, isn't it? For the record: Sara does not fall into the category of the compulsive Facebook poster I described above!
Anyway, One of Sara's blogs really made an impression on me. It was very personal and I imagined as I was reading it that it must have been a very emotional thing to experience. What struck me as I finished reading it was that a blog was the perfect forum for such a post. If I were uncomfortable, I needn't have read it. Plus, only those people she decided were free to read it. So, I decided to start a blog of my own, just to do my venting. I can decide who I may or may not care to share these thoughts with; and no one has them popping up uninvited on their Facebook page. If you decide to read here, I apologize in advance for it being boring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow Vicky, thank you so much! I really find blogging to be almost therapeutic-in the sense that writing out how you feel and sharing it with others can help in the process of figuring certain things out and actually overcoming certain problems. I find your writing to be clever as well and your frisbee post still has me laughing! BTW-I read the entire Pioneer Woman cookbook on the way to Abilene and loved it! I will be sure to get my own copy soon! Anyways, thank you for letting me read your thoughts! I'm looking forward to more of them...
ReplyDelete